Wednesday, May 10, 2006


Current mood: contemplative
Category: Religion and Philosophy

Have you ever stood or sat or lay somewhere thinking.....Where in the world am I going? Why on earth am I here? I have....Many times.

Some people say that life is what you make it, you determine the way you walk, where you go and who you know. Other people believe that you are on a predetermined path. They put everything down as an act of "fate", they believe that where they end up is exactly where they are meant to be, and they could have been no where else...Now I don't know about you, but I find the whole "you are on a set path where fate takes you where it wants" a little too restrictive, almost like being in a rut or one of those little slot cars that just go round and round stuck in the same slot all the time....To me that sucks, what would be the point of that type of life?

I don't see much point to being a mindless drone. That is why I believe something else. Just one thing before I continue, I am a Christian and therefore believe I was created by God and that He has given me some purpose is life. Now I see it this way...He has some purpose for you, whether it is mowing old peoples lawns or helping the needy.

BUT

This is does not mean, to me anyway, that every moment of every day is planned for you. You were given a little thing called free will, which means you can make your own choices. God will give you clues about which fork to take in every situation, through others/feelings etc. but He will mostly leave you to your own devices.

So to paraphrase the title: "many roads diverge in your life"......Which ones are you going to take? It helps to as His advice sometimes...Sometimes you can be going along in one direction, feeling ok. Suddenly something good/bad happens in your life..This can sort of build and "offramp" off of the piece of highway that you are travelling, and it is your choice whether to take it or not. You make choices all day, everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment