Thursday, May 25, 2006

That darn hard choice

Current mood: thoughtful
Category: Religion and Philosophy

No I am not talking about choosing between a large milkshake or a regular size...

I am talking to the way we react to life. I have basically noticed there are pretty much 2 camps when it comes to reacting to what happens in life. There are the people who just explode, and there are other people that kind of seem like they have been smoking weed. I reckon that you should try avoid belonging exclusively to either of these camps. If you are one of the angry people, you will upset the people around you by flying off the handle for the smallest of things. If you are the laid back person, you will get used, often...

Someone once said "Life is what happens to you while you are making other plans". So true. The choice you make on how to react to what happens determines what type of person you are (duh). Another real challenge is to stop being a human being and start being a human doing...Don't just be a lame duck floating downstream, going with the crowd...Do something with your life, swim upstream.

Me, I try to do just that...Sometimes it gets tiring though. Especially when I have had a long day at work and my little sister is pestering me...I just wanna snap and give her a smack. Then I think of something, though a little corny, that helps me not to do that... WWJD, yes we all know what it means, "WHY WAIT, JUST DO" it.... no, kidding, means "what would Jesus do?". Well He had patience...

He still has patience...

He will always have patience...

Forever...

Try it out, you owe it to yourself and
those you love

No comments:

Post a Comment