Friday, January 5, 2007

What has this world come to?

Current mood: frustrated
Category: Life

First a quick bit of background information. My best friend, that I have known since I was like 7 years old, moved to cape town a year or three ago . So I dont get to see him that much, but I fly down there sometimes, like for his wedding and stuff.

So he was up here, for training for a new job, on wednesday evening. We decided we would get together and hang out . I went through to the hotel he was staying at after work. And we figured that we would go to sandton city shopping centre (which was just down the road) ...So we went...Now...we have a longstanding tradition...We ALWAYS play arcade games when we go out. So walk around the shopping centre...

NO ARCADE!!!

We decided to blow that joint..."Where to next?" was the obvious question. "What about Eastgate?" was the answer...Now I don't actually live in Joburg or anywhere near it ...I live in a little dorpie about 60 - 80km south of Joburg...So I don't know Joburg all that well. Result...We didn't find Eastgate on the first attempt. LOL ...or the second ...But we eventually found it...And guess what!?!

NO ARCADE THERE EITHER!!!
So by now we were terribly despondant, we were ready to go and sit in the parking lot and chew open our wrists...LOL...Joke. Next move, we tried Bedfordview shopping centre...
NO ARCADE!!!!

WHAT!!?!? DON'T THEY CARE ABOUT THE KIDS OF TOMMORROW?!?I MEAN..UH...DONT THEY CARE ABOUT THE CHILDREN OF YESTERDAY!?!I MEAN WE GREW UP PLAYING THE LIKES OF MORTAL KOMBAT ON THE ARCADE MACHINES.

Some of my best childhood memories are of spending time in the arcades with my buddies...but sadly, the PSP and Cellphone games are killing arcades!

What are we to do?

Just a mindless rant...If you actually read this far send me a msg!

Over the top
Outta my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment