Wednesday, July 29, 2009

8 1/2

So...I have earned myself another nickname...8 and a half...
I was trying to play the riff to a certain song at band practice on monday night...
I was failing horribly...

Shane starts on the drums...
I am tapping my foot
counting out loud
waiting...waiting...too early...
Me: "someone said come in on the 8th beat."
Ray: "What?! no...come in on 9!"
Me: "doh...ok...eish!"

Shane starts on the drums...
I am tapping my foot
counting out loud
wait...for...it....
6....7....8..8-1/2.pling...half a beat too soon! WHAT?!
Ray looks dejected...I want to throw my guitar around...

Shane starts on the drums...
I am tapping my foot
counting out loud
wait...for...it....
6....7....8..8-1/2.pling...half a beat too soon! WHAT?!AGAIN!?!
Ray looks like he wishes the earth would swallow him...I wish it would swallow me instead...we are playing the song on sunday!!!

Ok...eventually I kinda figure out how to come in on beat 9...after about 5 attempts...

But...after chatting to another buddy today...I can see a meta...parraa...correl...connection between me coming in too soon and MANY other things in life...

VERY often we are going through a season of sorts in our lives...and when it's a bad season we want it to be over ASAP! When it's plowing season, it's time to plow! And it's HARD WORK! But without plowing in the plowing season...there will be no fruit later!

Proverbs 20 vs 4:
"A sluggard does not plow in season;
so at harvest time he looks but finds nothing."


"BUT God!!! I want the fruit now" Is a common saying...hahahaha...I find myself saying that often! Instead of chilling indoors while it's raining and giving the fruit time to grow, I run around in the rain, getting wet and misrable, looking for fruit that isn't there yet!!!! When God all the while is saying that I should just relax, wait for the rain to pass...THEN go plant...wait...THEN harvest the fruit...the whole while just seeking Him more! And...NOT the fruit...The fruit grows by itself...

Leviticus 26 vs 3 - 5:
If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, 4 I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees of the field their fruit. 5 Your threshing will continue until grape harvest and the grape harvest will continue until planting, and you will eat all the food you want and live in safety in your land.


EVEN THE ANIMALS know when to do what! Why do we worry about when and how and and and and sooooo much!?

Jeremiah 8:7
Even the stork in the sky
knows her appointed seasons,
and the dove, the swift and the thrush
observe the time of their migration.
But my people do not know
the requirements of the LORD.


God has said there's a time for everything!

Ecclesiastes 3:
"1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace."


But noooooooo....we want to come in on beat 8 1/2 instead of 9...Then we wonder why we are cold, wet and miserable?! LOL...There's alot of waiting involved in getting to the fruit...alot of hard work...but we ALWAYS want to exercise our consumer rights and go down to the local Spar and go pickup the fruit just like that... That's not how it works...

I am currently in a season where I am waiting for fruit...Where's that fertilizer at? hahaha...nah...bad move...trying to speed up the process just does more harm than good...Time to push into God and see what He says...

That is all for now...
8 1/2 out :P

1 comment:

  1. Wicked dude!! God has got you on an awesome trip an just keep holding on!! All the glory to God and like i always say. "The umbrella of praise will protect me through this storm"

    ReplyDelete